When it comes to cleaning interiors, one area that goes forgotten is the upholstered furniture, or soft furnishings. They’re difficult to thoroughly clean yourself at home, so we get in the habit of skipping over them.
Good news: professional upholstery cleaning provides the ideal solution to deeply cleanse and safely rinse all upholstery. Here are 5 clear signs that it’s time for professional upholstery cleaning for the health and beauty of your home.
- You Can See Stains
Visible stains are a sure sign you should have your upholstery cleaned. It’s probably been a long time since the last thorough cleaning, if there ever has been one. Spills that stain are particularly difficult to remove from upholstery because they settle into the fabric and padding quickly, becoming set before you can properly clean the spill. Professional upholstery cleaners have the tools and machinery to safely deep clean and spot treat upholstery to fully lift and remove even stubborn stains, as well as the filth you can’t as readily see.
- You’ve Noticed More Sneezing and Allergies
An increase in sneezing, allergies and asthma in your home is a reliable sign you would benefit from thorough upholstery cleaning. Just like carpets, upholstery fibers can harbor dust, dust mites and pet dander – all allergens that can set off your symptoms. While regular vacuuming of soft furnishings helps, it takes professional upholstery cleaning equipment to remove these allergens on the deepest level to keep you healthy.
- Your Upholstery Has an Odor
Upholstery, carpets and other soft surfaces in your home can be magnets for odors. Whether it’s cooking odors, pet odors, smoke, or just a musty odor, dirty upholstery often has a distinctive ‘smell’ to it. The solution to preventing upholstery odors is to remove the source of the odor – ventilate while cooking, only smoke outside, and don’t allow pets on the couch. But if the odors are already there, professional upholstery cleaning is the only way to really get them out.
- Upholstered Furniture Fabric Looks Dull and Oily
Over time, upholstery fabric absorbs grease, oil and dirt from our bodies as we use our couches and sofas. You’ll find this most prominent in the areas we repeatedly touch the furnishings with our skin, like where our hands, heads, or necks rest. This is a very unflattering effect on upholstery, making it look much older, grubbier and dirtier than it has to look. Professional upholstery cleaning lifts away grease, oil, grime and skin flakes that may have collected in your couch over the years through prolonged use.
- Hair, Fur, Dust and Dirt Are Stuck To Your Upholstery
The soft fabric surface of upholstery easily collects pet hair, dust and dirt as humans and pets pass by. Unlike smaller bits of dirt and dust, these larger hairs are more visible to your family and visitors. Dust and dirt can turn into dark marks and wear over time with repeated use. Upholstery cleaning removes visible hairs, fur and grime for cleaner looking upholstery.
With professional cleaning you can make the upholstered furniture in your home cleaner, better smelling, and newer looking. Talk to a professional carpet cleaner about the options they have for upholstery cleaning to renew your upholstered pillows, chairs, sofas, benches, and couches for a fresher, cleaner, more hygienic home.
Pet-safe cleaning has become a higher concern, with pets increasingly playing a more important role in our lives and our homes. A recent survey conducted by Harris Poll found that 33% of young home buyers aged 18-35 were motivated to buy their first home in order to have a better space or a yard for their dog. In comparison, marriage was the motivation for 25% of home buyers that age, while having a child was motivation for only 19%. A 2016 report also found that 44% of Americans own dogs (78 million dogs in homes total) and 35% own cats (that’s 85.8 million cats).
Cleaning Your Home With A Pet
Pet owners are always looking for new and better ways for their homes to support their pets. Pets are spending more time indoors and have a greater impact on our homes. And our homes have a significant impact on them, too. A part of this is finding home cleaning solutions that create a safe and healthy environment for both humans and their pets. The cleaning industry is adapting and changing to provide solutions that are pet-safe, while also dealing with the sometimes difficult cleaning problems pets can cause. Here we look at the different ways we can adapt our cleaning to protect our pets and address the unique cleaning challenges pets create.
How Pets Can Affect Your Home
It’s no secret that pets can affect the cleanliness and hygiene of our homes. Even well-trained pets have accidents, and their indoor/outdoor life means that they’re another source of dust and pathogens being dragged into the home.
Our furry friends affect the cleanliness of our homes in a range of ways including –
- Tracking dirt, mud, and pathogens into the home, which can accumulate in carpets, area rugs, hardwood floor cracks and tile grout. This creates a dirty and less hygienic environment.
- Pets, particularly cats, can bring dead rodents and birds into the home, which can be a health concern.
- Carpets, upholstery and other soft furnishings can adopt pet odors when pets use them often.
- Pets may urinate, defecate, leave hairballs, or vomit on carpet, hardwood and soft furnishings, leaving stains or damage. Odors from liquid spills can remain in carpets, rugs, and furnishings for a long time as they seep deep into carpet padding and upholstery stuffing.
- Dogs and cats can drop fur and skin cells on floors and furniture, which is known as pet dander. This can be an allergen, causing allergic reactions and triggering asthma. It can also create odors and just look bad.
- Pet dander is also a site for dust mites, another allergen that can trigger allergies and asthma.
How Pets Have Impacted the Cleaning Industry
We know pets have influenced our homes and contributed to cleaning issues. That’s why clear trends toward pet-safe cleaning dealing with these hygiene dilemmas have emerged. These trends include –
- Installation of Hard Surface Floors – Many homes have resorted to installing hard surface flooring such as tile, hardwood floors, and vinyl, laminate or engineered wood to avoid absorbent surfaces. Hard surfaces are easier to clean and don’t absorb or ‘catch’ pet accidents or hair. Odors and stains from pets are much less likely to impact hard floors.
- Area Rugs and Their Unique Cleaning Needs – Of course, as homeowners install hard floors, use of area rugs also increases to improve comfort underfoot and improve the warmth and atmosphere of a space. But guess what? Pets prefer these soft, warm and comfortable rugs as well. Area rugs may then become the ‘preferred site’ for pet accidents, as well as the place pets prefer to sit and relax. Unlike the hard floors they sit on top of, area rugs can accrue stains, dirt, and odors quickly, which are often difficult to remove. Area rugs made of fine fibers and delicate designs may need to be sent out for professional cleaning so that they are gently cleaned, while preserving their structure.
- Carpet Odor and Stain Removal – When pets use carpeted floors, these floors need deep professional carpet cleaning and professional stain removal more regularly. Carpets get stains and odors much more quickly and hold them for longer than other floor types. Liquid spills and accidents can soak deep into carpet padding, which makes odors difficult to reach and fully remove. Specialized, professional carpet odor removal services are increasingly popular, aimed at achieving the difficult goal of fully extracting deep-seated odors from carpet.
- Professional Upholstery Cleaning and Odor Removal – Carpets aren’t the only surface in the home that is affected by pet stains and odors. If pets utilize upholstery and furnishing in the home, it’s likely that these furnishings will also be subject to pet hair, urine, saliva, feces, and dander as well. Professional upholstery cleaning and deep odor removal is a service that’s becoming increasingly popular and important for pet owners as they strive to keep their home clean and hygienic.
The Impacts of Home Cleaning on Pets
For homeowners with pets, keeping the home clean at all costs isn’t the only consideration. Where pets are living in an environment, they are also going to be affected, so it’s important to consider the impact of cleaning on pets.
- Some cleaning products can be extremely dangerous and poisonous to pets. Just like children, they don’t know or understand the difference between what is ‘safe’ and ‘dangerous’ so cleaning products should be kept away from where pets can access them.
- Because animals are naturally closer to the ground, they will be more heavily impacted by the cleaning products and processes that happen to your floor. Even just casual exposure to these chemicals through the environment in your home can negatively impact their health.
- Pets ingest chemicals from cleaning products when the chemicals rub off onto the pet’s fur or feet. When the pet licks and cleans themselves, they ingest these chemicals.
- The worst culprits for pet poisoning are bleach, laundry detergent, and phenol-based disinfectants. Some carpet cleaning agents are known to be irritating or unsafe for pets.
- There is an upside: Pet-safe cleaning products that are known to be safe for both pets and children are available and help to keep homes beautifully clean, while furry friends are kept healthy.
How The Cleaning Industry Is Innovating
The cleaning industry is responding to the need to make home cleaning pet-friendly and pet-safe. Professional carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning companies are now more aware of the impact of cleaning solutions on pets, as well as cleaning techniques that help to produce a better result for your home, while also keeping your pets healthy. You will now find a wide variety of innovations available that make professional and home cleaning safer for our animals.
Pet-Friendly Cleaning Products
One of the most significant developments of the cleaning industry in relation to pets is the development of non-toxic, pet-safe cleaning products. This gives homeowners peace of mind when undergoing professional cleaning or cleaning their own homes. Not to mention that many homeowners, especially those with children, prefer to use non-toxic cleaning products in their homes.
- Pet-safe cleaning products – For home cleaning, you can look for products that specify they are pet-friendly on the label or bottle. Keep in mind that just because a cleaning product says it is ‘natural’ or ‘organic’, does not necessarily mean that it is pet-safe or non-toxic for pets. Many natural substances can still be toxic to pets so always check for pet-specific information on the label.
- Correct product use – It’s important to also know how to use a cleaning product correctly to ensure that your pets stay safe. For example, if a product specifies that you should keep children and pets away from the area until dry, you need to follow these directions for pet safety.
- Pet-safe professional cleaning – When booking professional cleaning, you should ask if your cleaning company uses pet-safe cleaning solutions and techniques or practices that help protect pets.
- Adjusting expectations – Keep in mind that some cleaning products and techniques that are safer for pets may not be as effective as stronger chemicals. This may leave you with a different result than you were hoping for. To balance your expectations and your pets health and safety, ask about all the options available.
Safer Cleaning Techniques
It’s not just the cleaning solutions that have been innovated in relation to pet-safe cleaning. Professional cleaning companies have also developed specific techniques to address pet related home hygiene issues while keeping pet’s safe.
- Pet-safe cleaning techniques – If you need more thorough carpet cleaning with traditional cleaning solutions, don’t despair. Carpet cleaning companies have developed techniques that allow for more deep and thorough carpet cleaning and carpet stain removal, while also minimizing chemical residue. That’s one big reason why it’s best to choose a professional carpet cleaning company for home cleaning rather than trying to do it yourself. With the proper truck mounted, hot rinse carpet cleaning machine, and expert can cleanse and lift traces of cleaning solution from your carpet, and your flooring is left with low chemical residue and no impact on your pets.
- Knowing how to handle pets – professional carpet cleaners are now trained and knowledgeable with dealing with pets and understanding how they need to be treated in the home. Just as you and your family need to vacate the house during professional carpet cleaning, tile cleaning or upholstery cleaning, your pet also needs to be kept safe from the cleaning process, and surfaces should be allowed to fully dry before pets use them again.
Home Cleaning Plans
Not only are the tools and techniques for cleaning houses being innovated to better accommodate companion animals, cleaning companies are also adapting to provide better service to homes with pets.
- Professional cleaning plans – Cleaning plans and packages are available to help households with pets stay on top of keeping the home hygienic and safe. These plans can be annual or semi annually, and provide specially tailored cleaning services to keep homes with pets clean, including carpet cleaning, stain removal, tile and grout cleaning and odor removal. The best aspect of these plans is that they save organizing and remembering on the part of the homeowners. With cleaning already arranged and scheduled, you can keep your home safely clean and pet-safe at all times.
Your Guide To A Safe and Clean Pet Loving Home
So how can you formulate your own plan to not only keep your pet-friendly home clean but to keep your clean home pet-safe?
- Do Your Research – Find out about pet-safe cleaning solutions and pet-friendly cleaning companies. Conduct research about which chemicals in cleaning agents affect your pets, and avoid using these products. Ask your vet for recommendations if in doubt.
- Ask Your Professional Cleaner – It’s a great idea to talk to your professional carpet cleaner or upholstery cleaner about the type of products and techniques they use and the outcome you expect. This can help you understand the process they’ll use, as well as helping them understand your needs and the needs of your pet.
- Start A Cleaning Plan – A cleaning plan from a professional cleaning company helps you save money on keeping your flooring beautiful longer, while also ensuring your home stays clean and healthy for the family. A cleaning plan can be specially developed to target some of the issues affecting households with pets, such as pet hair removal, stain and odor removal, and regular carpet cleaning.
- Pet Accident Cleaning Kit – For homes with pets, preparation is key. It’s more than likely that at some point, your pet will have an accident or create a mess that needs cleaning. Homeowners should be prepared in advance to provide a rapid response that minimizes damage and prevents the accident happening again. Put together a kit with plenty of clean blotting cloth and a pet-friendly carpet and surface cleaner so you can quickly clean up accidents to prevent odors and stains. Promptly and thoroughly cleaning the area of a pet accident is essential to prevent the pet from ‘marking’ the same spot again.
Creating an inviting, healthy home that is pet-safe is a focused recent innovation of the cleaning industry, achieved thanks to pet-safe cleaning products and techniques. Develop your plan for a clean, pet-friendly home with the help of your local professional carpet and floor cleaning company.
Removing stubborn household odors is one of the greatest challenges facing the cleaning industry. Odors from cooking, smoke, pet odor, urine, spills, mold and dust can linger in your home long after the source of the odor has been removed. Scented candles, air fresheners, and deodorizers may do little to counteract or cover the smell. Here we look at what makes removing home and pet odor so difficult and how professional cleaning can help.
Why Removing Stubborn Odors Is So Difficult
Lingering odors and unpleasant smells are a common problem in many homes. The reason that removing odors is so difficult is that airborne odors are often quickly absorbed into the furnishings and structure of the home. Once this happens it is difficult to target the source of the odor and remove it completely. Odors such as from cooking, smoke, or mold are rapidly absorbed into carpet, soft furnishings, upholstery and even the walls of your home.
On the other hand, urine, vomit, and pet odor originating from other spills can soak deep into carpet layers where the odor remains long after the stain is removed. Addressing the source of rapidly and professionally is clearly essential to avoid odors settling into your home.
How To Make Odors Easier To Remove –
Identify The Source
The most essential aspect of lasting odor removal is identifying and mitigating the source of odors. If you are aware of the source of your home’s odors, take action to reduce their impact. For example, you could request that any smokers in your home only smoke outside. When cooking, make sure your kitchen and home are well ventilated to remove cooking smells.
If the source of odor in your home is an old spill or stain, have a professional carpet cleaning company inspect the stain and provide professional stain removal. If you notice a bad odor in your home but can’t identify the source, it could be helpful to have a professional cleaning company inspect your home. Odors like mold and must are sometimes difficult to pinpoint to a particular source, but may actually be within the walls or under the flooring. An inspection can help you appropriately identify the source of the odor and counteract it directly.
Target Spills Rapidly
Any spills in your home particularly those of strong smelling liquids like urine, need to be rapidly cleaned up to prevent those pet odors pervading your home. If the strong-smelling liquids are allowed to penetrate the carpet or upholstery, they could reach the deep padding where they are very difficult to remove. As soon as a spill occurs on your carpet or soft furnishings, blot off the excess immediately and call your carpet cleaner to provide expert stain removal.
Conduct Professional Deep Cleaning
Airborne odors can absorb into soft furnishings and carpet over time, causing smells to linger in your home long after the source is gone. Professional carpet cleaning and professional upholstery cleaning deep clean the absorbent fibers of these furnishings to remove odor particles and freshen your home. Professional odor removal can help you target any particularly stained or smelly areas in your soft furnishings.
Wash Or Refinish Hard Surfaces
Tiles, hard surfaces, walls, and windows can also host odors if not cleaned regularly. Absorbent grout in tiles can particularly be a source of odor accumulation. Professional tile and grout cleaning can deep clean grout, while deep hardwood cleaning can also assist odor removal from wooden floors.
Shifting stubborn orders can be frustrating as they seem to linger no matter what you do. But with a professional approach to deep household cleaning you can target odors at their source for lasting odor removal and a fresher scent in your home.
It can happen in an instant, but once it does, it’s too late. Your pet has had an accident on the carpet or the tiles, and now you have to act fast to clean it up. Unlike a food or drink stain, the smell of urine on your carpet is difficult to mask with air fresheners.
It can be frustrating to call a professional every time your pet pees on the carpet, especially if they do it often. There are many DIY strategies you can try at home before calling a professional.
Today we’ll go through the cleaning process step-by-step.
If You’re Nearby During The Accident, Take Action Immediately
Use a clean white cloth to clean up the excess, using a blotting motion. Move the cloth to a fresh area regularly and perhaps switch to a paper towel for the final stages. Blot up as much as you can, and as quickly as you can, to prevent downward absorption. It can help to stand or place a heavy object on the towel to apply pressure and lift more liquid.
If you’ve collected the excess and the stain remains or if the stain is older, you’ll need to take additional steps to lift the stain and smell from your flooring.
Use Baking Soda And Vinegar
There are a few ways to use these ingredients to lift stains and odors from your floors.
For carpets, baking soda can be a natural odor lifting treatment. After the excess liquid has been soaked up, you can sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on the stain. Allow the powder to absorb for up to a few hours to overnight. Thoroughly vacuum the baking soda to remove the powder and lift odors away.
For hard floors and tiles, you can use a diluted solution of white vinegar and water to naturally clean and remove odors.
We recommend combining the ingredients in a spray bottle or using a mop or cloth to gently clean to affected area.
Invest In A Pet Stain Remover
While pricier than home-made products, a commercial pet stain remover can be a handy go-to when accidents happen. Pet stain and odor removers are sold nearly everywhere and typically come with their own instructions.
Some clients have complained about “strong citrus smells” or otherwise, claiming that the liquid solution is too perfumed. Thankfully, there are a few odorless options sold online and in department stores.
Create A Pet Accident Emergency Kit
If your pet is still being trained and accidents are a regular occurrence, it might be worthwhile to put together a pet accident emergency kit to help you quickly take action in the future. Include clean white cloth for blotting, and your home preferred stain removal solution or a commercial pet stain remover.
Call A Professional
If these solutions don’t work out quite the way you’d hoped, call a professional. Effective pet accident removal is essential to prevent problems occurring again and again. Even the slightest remaining odor can encourage pets to use the same place again. Diablo Carpet offers effective and professional stain and odor removal services to help your pets learn the right place to go to the bathroom while keeping your carpets fresh and clean.
If you have a professional office or commercial business, you might not invest much time or thought into the cleanliness of your flooring. However, the commercial flooring in your office, shop or warehouse will be noticed by your clients, customers and employees, and should reflect the high quality and cleanliness you desire for your business. Here we look at some of the reasons why commercial carpet cleaning and floor maintenance is so essential for professional offices and businesses, and the many advantages it can offer your business.
A Professional Appearance
When you are running a business or a professional office, a polished and clean appearance is essential for maintaining the professionalism and appeal of your business. Dirty, stained carpets, scuffed and scratched floors, and old, smelly area rugs can heavily detract from the impression of a commercial or corporate space, and make your business less appealing to customers and workers. Contracting a commercial floor cleaning company to professionally clean your carpets or flooring on a regular basis helps to maintain a professional appearance without you having to worry about cleaning.
Cleanliness and Hygiene
Nobody wants to attend a doctor’s or dentist’s office where the carpet is not regularly cleaned and could be hosting thousands of different germs. Likewise, unclean floors in any office setting detract from the hygiene and cleanliness of the entire space and can lead to increased illness and allergies.
Professional commercial carpet cleaning deeps cleans carpets to remove germs, dirt and contaminants, for safer, healthier and more hygienic floors for your customers and clients.
Workplace Health and Safety
Unkempt and dirty flooring could become a health and safety hazard in the workplace without regular professional cleaning. Oily residues, mold and slime can build up on smooth flooring like laminate and tiles, increasing the risk of slips, trips and falls. Commercial tile and grout cleaning can clean deeper than any DIY method, removing deeply ingrained dirt and mold and improving the appearance and safety of your floors.
Improved Interior Air Quality
The carpet in professional offices and shops is subject to a huge amount of traffic every day. Shoes can bring in dirt, dust, allergens, pollutants and chemicals that get dislodged in carpet fibers. During vacuuming or foot traffic these particles can be stirred up again, diminishing air quality and increasing the risk of allergies being triggered. Regular commercial carpet cleaning reduces particle build up in your office carpet and maintains a higher indoor air quality.
Greater Employee and Customer Satisfaction
Healthy customers and employees are happier customers and employees. By professionally cleaning the carpets in your offices or shop on a regular basis, you improve the health and safety of your professional space and make it a more appealing location to visit and work in. This helps to boost business and make your professional space one that clients are happy to visit again and again.
Commercial carpet cleaning and floor cleaning in Walnut Creek and the entire East Bay allows professional offices and stores to create a more beautiful, safe and healthy environment that can be enjoyed by clients, customers and employees alike.
The hardwood floors in your home are a valuable and beautiful asset to your home, and a popular and common flooring choice in Walnut Creek. Hardwood floors require care and protection to maintain their appearance and integrity over time, but knowing the correct cleaning methods and techniques to best protect and conserve your hardwood floors can often be confusing. Here we look at 5 of the most frequently asked questions to clarify the best methods for cleaning wooden floors.
What’s the Best Way to Maintain Hardwood Floors Day to Day?
Regular maintenance and routine cleaning of your hardwood floors is essential to keeping them looking their best. Dust, dirt and grit can damage your hardwood floors by creating marks and cuts that dull and diminish the floor surfaces. Remove dust and dirt on the surface of your floorboards at least twice a week with a vacuum, dry dust mop or broom. Try to use a special hardwood floor attachment for your vacuum or a hard surface setting to protect your floors, and avoid upright vacuums with bristled beater bars as these can damage and dent the floor.
Should I Use a Steam Mop on my Wooden Floors?
Many cleaning guides recommend using steam mops to clean and sanitize hardwood floors, and many steam mop manufacturers state that they can be used on sealed hardwood floors. However, the manufacturers of hardwood floors often warn against the use of steam mops, as tests of steam mops have revealed that many leave moisture residue that can seep into cracks and remain, causing damage. The heat from the steam can also dull finishes and damage connections, so be sure to double check with your wooden floor manufacturer before you use a steam mop to clean hardwood floors.
Can I use Vinegar and Water to Clean My Hardwood Floors?
In an attempt to achieve a cleaner and more hygienic finish, many homeowners use a solution of vinegar and water, or water alone to clean hardwood floors. However, moisture provided by this solution can seek into cracks in the sealing or floorboards and cause damage. Additionally, vinegar is acidic, and acids can etch and wear away the finish of a hardwood floor so vinegar solutions are generally not recommended for wooden floors.
How Can I Deep Clean My Hardwood Floors?
If you want to provide your floors with a safe and more thorough clean, the best way is to invite a professional hardwood floor cleaner to gently yet effectively deep clean your floors. This service is often provided by reputable professional carpet cleaning companies, and is an incredibly time and cost efficient way to deep clean hardwood floors without harsh chemicals, or any risk of damage to your floors. This allows you to not only protect your investment in your hardwood floors, but helps to keep them safe, clean and hygienic for your family too.
Will Cleaning Remove Scratches, Scuffs and Stains?
While lighter everyday cleaning may not remove stains like water drop stains or scuff marks from your wooden floors, deeper cleaning such as professional hardwood floor cleaning may help to remove or diminish the appearance of minor scratches, scuffs and stains on the upper layer of your wooden flooring. For deeper and more serious damage, resanding, refinishing and replacement may be necessary to return your floorboards to their former glory.
Your hardwood floors are an investment in your home, your comfort and your lifestyle. For expert advice on proper cleaning and maintenance for hardwood floors, as well as professional hardwood floor cleaning in Walnut Creek and the Bay Area, contact Diablo Carpet for the perfect finish and results.
For those of us with carpeted floors and pets who spend some of their time indoors, it’s almost inevitable that pet accidents will happen on the carpet. While we might simply shrug this off as unavoidable, clean up the visible mess and move on, there are some side effects and consequences to pet stains on carpet that you may not be aware of. Here we look at 3 surprising side effects that pet stains on your carpet can cause, and what you can do to prevent them.
Pet Stains and Odors in Subflooring
Even long after a pet stain on the surface of the carpet has been removed, pet stains may continue to cause odors and other issues in your home. To understand why this happens, it’s important to take into account that carpeted floor has many layers, and if your pet stain was in liquid form, the stain has most likely penetrated and affected some or all of those carpet layers. This is one of the reason pet odors and pet stains are so difficult to remove from carpet. In many cases, a liquid stain will penetrate not only the carpet, but also the carpet pad, subflooring, baseboards, and sheetrock.
Furthermore, pet stains and the odor molecules can become trapped in the carpet backing, where removal can cause delamination/damage to the carpet structure. If you are trying to manage carpet pet stain removal and odor removal but you are not having much luck, it’s worthwhile calling in a carpet stain removal specialist or your local carpet cleaner, to more accurately diagnose the extent of the staining, and the required removal process.
One Pet Stain Can Often Mean More
If you notice that your pet seems to have the same ‘accident’ in the same area over and over again, you’re not just imagining it. Because pet stains and pet odors are so difficult to remove from carpet, these odors linger and can attract pets to soiling the carpet in the same area again. Only professional carpet cleaning can remove pet stains and odors sufficiently to prevent pets going back to the same spot and soiling the carpet yet again, so it is crucial to enlist the help of your local carpet cleaner to remove pet stains whenever they arise.
Pet Stains Could Carry Disease
Home stain removal of pet stains is often unable to remove all traces of the stain, and even trace amounts of solid pet waste left in your carpet can mean millions of bacteria, parasites and disease-causing organisms are left behind. Solid pet waste can carry nasty germs like Toxoplasmosis, E.Coli, Campylobacter and a range of worms, while pet urine contains ammonia which can cause irritation to the throat and lungs when breathed in over a period of time. Deep carpet cleaning and targeted pet stain removal is often the only way to remove these potentially harmful germs and compounds from your carpet after a pet stain.
While pet stains might seem harmless, correct and thorough pet stain removal provided by an expert carpet cleaner offers the best solution to protecting your carpet and your family’s health from some of these surprising effects of pet stains on carpet.
Carpet bleach spots are one of the most intimidating and difficult imperfections to remove from your carpet. While regular carpet stain removal involves extracting and removing staining pigments and discoloration from your carpet, in the case of a bleach stain, all the pigment from your carpet has been removed and needs to be added back in. You may think it’s impossible to add the color back to your carpet bleach stains, but in fact professional carpet cleaners can use the number one method to make bleach spots disappear at a fraction of the cost of new carpet installation.
Carpet Bleach Spot Dyeing
Carpet bleach spot dyeing or color correction is the ideal way to re-pigment your bleach stained carpets and remove all traces of carpet bleach spots, so your carpets look like new again. Unlike unsightly carpet patching or expensive carpet replacement, carpet color correction offers the most accurate and cost effective method for matching the bleach stained areas of your carpet to the original areas, so that all traces of the bleach spot disappear. If you need to remove a carpet bleach spot, expert color correction offers the most effective and impressive result short of replacing the entire carpet.
How Does Carpet Color Correction Work?
In the process of carpet dyeing, a carpet cleaning technician begins by carefully analysing and examining the carpet fiber in order to apply the right technique and achieve the best results. The carpet fiber is tested to see if it can be dyed, and to establish what kind of result can be expected. Natural carpet fibers and nylon carpets respond well to color correction, however some synthetic fibers such as olefin and polypropylene carpets cannot be successfully dyed.
The rug or carpet to be dyed should undergo professional carpet cleaning to remove any dirt or discoloration beforehand to ascertain an accurate color match. The technician will then neutralize the bleach spot to prevent further damage, and apply layers of transparent, permanent dye to the carpet fibers, matching the original carpet color as closely as possible. Multiple dye colors are blended and layered in order to achieve the most accurate color result. In most cases, the results of carpet dyeing color correction are truly amazing, achieving an over 85% color match, which means that an unsuspecting person will not notice the previously bleach stained area.
Benefits of Carpet Dyeing for Bleach Spots
While carpet patching is often the ‘go to’ method for repairing a bleach spill on carpet, patching is often obvious and unsightly, due to the need to create a seam where the carpet patch is sewn in. A carpet patch can often be noticed even by the casual observer, and it creates a ‘weak spot’ in your carpet where it may be prone to unravel or fray. Although the costs for carpet patching and color correction carpet dyeing are similar, carpet dyeing produces a much more effective and unnoticeable result that is preferred by most customers.
If you require perfect carpet bleach spot repair, you may need to replace your carpet entirely. However, this can be a much more expensive and involved job, and most clients would prefer an accurate and cost effective color correction for bleach spots before carpet replacement.
With the assistance of an expert color correction technician with your specialist carpet cleaner Walnut Creek, you can understand how effective carpet dyeing can be to remove the bleach spots from your carpet, helping to return your carpet to an almost perfect condition at a fraction of the price of carpet replacement.